My thoughts today are random as are my pictures..... I found this page I had ripped out of a magazine a long time ago and felt it was fitting to share... It is from the Healthy Utah Magazine... Here are ten ways to enrich your life......
1. See the good in every person...
2. Forgive yourself... "Never forget that to forgive yourself is to release trapped energy that could be doing good work in the world. Thus to judge and condemn yourself is a a form of selfishness. Self-prosecution is never noble: it does no one a service. (D. Patrick Miller)
Just as you forgive others for their slights, misstatements and errors of judgement, forgive yourself. Then move on
3. Learn to bend in order not to break
4. Maintain a spirit of goodwill
5. Give up revenge "A man who studies revenge keeps his own wounds green" (Francis Bacon)
6. Create your own inspirational book
7. Be a person of integrity
8. Lavish others with kindness
9. Seek out beauty daily...
10. Practice Citizenship
Its funny, most days we are trying to teach our children, but really they are teaching us...
We spent the day tying quilts and working on a birthday present for Tucker.... We wanted to make him a denim quilt, and as I sat looking at the box of jeans I was confused. I couldnt understand how we were going to make all the different denim work together... it was all different sizes... different thickness... etc. I just started cutting and Jerid started sewing the strips together and then those strips together and I couldnt believe it when it started taking shape and actually looking like something. Some of the jeans we used were old and tattered and torn, one pair was my favorite from highschool (man they were tiny) one was a pair that looked never worn. Our lives are a bit like this... all the moments that when patched together make up our lives... they are all there for a reason... they all either taught a lesson or made us stronger or helped us grow... some of these moments "look" a bit worse than others.. but they are needed nonetheless... they are all an important part.