"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal- is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey with delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinder, and jolts, interspersed occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."---Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Leelou Blogs
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

Blogroll

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happiness....

found this today...
Help me Lord, to make a true use of all disappointments and calamities in this life, in such a way that they may unite my heart more closely with you. Cause them to separate my affections from worldly things and inspire my soul with more vigor in the pursuit of true happiness. Susanna Wesley.....

I have been for some time trying to find good in the bad.... to find thankfulness in my sorrow.. this quote hit it right on the head...

I have so much.
So so many things to be thankful for and to be happy about.... they are all around me.... I need to stop all of the questioning...
my dear friend told me... look at the bad, the ugly and find the good in it......be thankful Kell...............really.........

I thought.........ok what?
look at the bad and find the good....

huh????


and then it hit me....
i was talking to another friend who was at my house this week.. and I told her... yes.. moving here was hard but Makenna is so much more here.... she is who she was supposed to become here...
and...
my relationship with my mom is so much more now...
we had to walk this walk together..
find each other again..
respect each other as mothers again...
its been a bumpy walk... but worth it I told her...
she is again..
my best friend.
i didnt have that in California.
So yes, I am thankful....

I wish my parents were here.. closer... driving distance... dinner distance, I miss them like crazy.... but I am thankful.

I try to think of pretty words to say about missing Mason... words that will make it ok but I dont quite have them yet... I accept that.. and am thankful for knowing that..
its a work in progress....
a moment at a time...
im ok with that........
i am,
or I am trying to be.
(honest right?)

I am thankful to have a husband who quilts with me, sews all my pieces together... matches socks and teases me with MY bandana on.....does the dishes without tooo tooooo much begging and overall is the most amazing man I have ever met (ok up there with my dad, brother and Bumpa)... he is someone who's word means more to me than anything... a man who understands me.. understands my reason for McCall... for my phone addiction and for wanting salt EVERY night at 10pm.........
he loves me.
I tried to disect it many MANY times.......
i did......
why?
how?

but he loves me........
i stopped questioning....
Photobucket
he may kill me for posting that photo.... but he will still love me :)

I am thankful that as spicy as she is that she didnt kill the cat :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am so thankful that I have the kind of relationship with my daughter that I had with my mom.......... she is so dear to me and I honestly couldnt do it without her..
and no matter how big they get......
they still look like angels when they sleep.........
Photobucket

ok and she is just cute.........
Photobucket

We spent the whole entire day today cleaning so that tomorrow we can sew......... Jerid taught Hank a new trick.. he says BABY... and Hank gets up next to McCall wherever he is and lays there to protect him (you know from rolling off the couch) it is pretty dang cute!!!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

life is hard... I will give you that.. it is.
But it is also a journey... we have to own it...
enjoy the path.....the bends, the curves, the rocks in the road.
the getting lost......the inability to find our way......
part of it... it is.

we have to enjoy the journey.........
Photobucket

and in the end, i want to look back with fond memories............ that was the day we...............................
even if the what we did was socks right?
Photobucket

he looks like one of the wise men to me..............

i wish I could pick his brain :)

No comments: