"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal- is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey with delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinder, and jolts, interspersed occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."---Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Leelou Blogs
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

Blogroll

Sunday, January 25, 2009

rock and roll lifestyle...........

ok pretend for a second that I am not a 30something mom of 5 (5.....how did that happen????) anyhow......... pretend I am not listening to cake on itunes with my cute cowboy hubby.....because I am a mom right.............
we dont talk about memories either...
or more tatoos........because that would be wrong ...........right?
we dont talk about excess..........
we dont giggle about things we hope to God our children will never do............... we are so beyond that......

um hum...........
and this is so not what I look like on a Sunday afternoon.........nope not me.... I am perfectly coifed by then.... with pretty hair and a cute outfit.. and makeup that is so me...................

:)
Photobucket

yep.. you guessed it...... you got me....
see... I am, well we are just trying to get by like everyone else.......... we are trying to be good and kind and in love and happy. And most days it works.
And the days that it doesnt............well we just write it off... a miss.. a blip... a bump.
we all have them right?

Here is a peek at our weekend........
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

and we tried to make cookies...................yep.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and we watched it snow...... and did lots of dishes.. and visited with our family that we haven't seen in a long long time. we tried to remember that sometimes being right isnt quite as important as being there. we really really tried to smile. we held eachother so that the pieces wouldnt fall apart...........we held on to tomorrow.......
see we are a family.
and yes we may move soon.......but that will not change the one constant.............
i love him
and he loves me
and we love them...
and without him I would be lost.....
funny how simple that sounds and yet how complicated it really is.............
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You make me laugh and cry. I love you and your family so much. I hope to see you guys soon! I love the pic of Miss M and the babe - too cute!!!