"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal- is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey with delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinder, and jolts, interspersed occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."---Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Leelou Blogs
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

Blogroll

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One more before I go...........

He made me laugh... really really hard... the kind of laughing that you love that makes you laugh for days... I love that about him, that and so many other things.
He is gracious and humble, he is strong and sincerely kind. He is amazing, in his 89 years I am sure he has seen so much. He is a wealth of knowledge, a sweet friend a wonderful man. Thank you thank you Don for humoring me in my photographic wonder... you are simply amazing and I love you.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

His beautiful colt... who really needs a name :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

beauty... all around us. Promise not to tell Jerid... but I honestly love it here.. the beauty, the wonder, the way the light hits the grass.. the open land the mountains............ shhhhhhhh!!!!!
Photobucket

and sometimes photos just speak to me.. they ask to tell a story and they ask me to be their author.. I feel so humbled so blessed, so absolutely in awe....

think about this one, his hands...
imagine all that they have held.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

seriously great! LOVE LOVE LOVE these images! They speak so much and are fantastic environmental shots. FABULOUS work!

Emmett Family said...

Kelly, We LOVE the pictures. Thank you so very very much. You outdid yourself again. (The colts name is Bella Beauty) Yea! You are absolutely terrific!
Barb

Melz Spot said...

Oh, I *LOVE* Don! And, Kelly, these photos are priceless, what a treasure. I love how you captured his quiet sweetness. He is one of the kindest, most humble gentleman I've ever known. I'm so glad you had this opportunity.

Jenna said...

Totally LOVE the pictures Kelly! Grandpa Don is an amazing person. We're crazy about him too!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Dana

Ruth Emmett said...

Beautiful pictures Kelly! We love Grandpa Don so much too:)

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Love, love, love the pics of my Grandpa! We definately love him too and he is definately so kind and humble! Thanks for capturing his everyday life!