"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal- is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey with delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinder, and jolts, interspersed occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."---Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Leelou Blogs
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

Blogroll

Friday, October 3, 2008

day 5.... two hats.....

What is that saying? You know the one... it goes something like a mom must wear two hats..... I get it... I really do. Today we did the usual chase the kids go to appointments... chase the kids some more.. etc etc. Some times it all seems to mesh... you know the lists and the kids and the o my when am I going to fit a shower in. Ive learned that you can be a good mom in your pjs... and that barring running into someone from highschool that you havent seen in 15 years, the ponytail is still a rather trendy look... right? I have kids... lots of them it seems... and my priority list has shifted.... yes I want to look cute, yes I want to have trendy clothes and yes I want to sleep more than two hours at a time... I want to.... but I cant...
So I adjust, or dare I say settle? Austyn told me today that yittle kids cant lose their minds.... I said of course.. why????? Well mom, because they need their minds.... Of course they do....
So maybe it wasnt two hats.. maybe it was two shoes?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Someday I will figure this all out... really... I will
Photobucket

3 comments:

Corina Kate said...

I'm jealous of your darling children and their hair.

Seriously, Austyn's hair is longer than mine and like 15 years younger than me.

:)

Corina Kate said...

Err, I meant she's like 15 years younger than me.

meme said...

My babies are growing so fast and I am not around to watch. Thank you for the pics. Love you all, Meme